It’s been yet another busy week in the Motorcycle racing industry with MotoGP wrapping up their final test and World Superbike kicking off their season with a bang, get all the latest news from this week here!
- Maverick Vinales lead a Yamaha one-two in the final official pre-season test under the floodlights in Qatar, but it was Frenchman and rookie Fabio Quartararo who completed the top 2.
- Alex Rins says there are no negatives with his Suzuki GSX-RR ahead of his 3rd season in MotoGP and has said that the Japanese manufacturer has given him everything he asked for once team manager Davide Brivio made the Spaniard the Suzuki captain.
- Jorge Lorenzo has admitted that it will be harder to beat his new Repsol Honda teammate Marc Marquez than his former Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi.
- Aprilia has launched there 2019 RS-GP’s under the light in Qatar and Alma Pramac Ducati also revealed Millers and Bagnaias new bikes.
- MotoGP trailed a new penalty system in Qatar with riders approving the new ‘penalty lane’. Moto2/3 will try the penalty lane during their test in Qatar.
- Indonesia has joined forces with the MotoGP championship to host an Indonesian Grand Prix in 2021.
- MotoGP riders are aiming to bring the start time for the opening round of the season forward to avoid the dew point that has been the cause of many crashes in recent years.
- World Superbikes kicked off their season in Australia with Aruba.it Ducati rookie Alvaro Bautista winning all 3 races on the Island.
- Jonathan Rea says he brought a knife to a gunfight after two humiliating defeats in the feature races for the reigning World Superbike Champion.
- Indonesia has joined forces with World Superbikes to host an Indonesian round in 2021.
- Yamaha returned to the podium at Phillip Island for the first time in 8-years courtesy of Marco Melandri who put the GRT Yamaha on the podium in the team’s debut race.
- Randy Krummenacher took the win in the opening round of the World Supersport Championship after a flag to flag race saw his teammate drop out of contention after a rear paddock stand failure.
- Former British Motorcross Champion, Graeme Irwin joins the British paddock as he joins Team 109 Kawasaki for the 2019 British Superstock series.
- Lee Johnston will line up onboard the newly formed Ashcourt Racing team in the Dickies British Supersport Championship in 2019.
- Ryan Vickers has been busy testing his Lee Hardy Racing ZX-10RR in Guadix, being joined by several BSB riders including 2018 Motostar Championship runner up Jack Scott.
Featured Image Credit: MotoGP