It has been yet another busy week across the Motorcycle racing scene, and here is all the latest news, in one place.
- Valentino Rossi celebrated his 40th Birthday on Saturday in Tavullia with family and friends as he celebrated hitting the big 40 ahead of his 18th MotoGP premier class season.
- Marc Marquez also celebrated his birthday on Sunday as the 7x World Champion celebrated hitting 26 years of age!
- Suzuki has joined Honda in creating a designated racing division, Honda, as we know, has HRC whilst Suzuki has set up SRC, an independent division with its own budget.
- Jorge Lorenzo has claimed that he would like to end his MotoGP Career in orange. The Spaniard joined the Japanese manufacturer after a 2-year stint at Ducati.
- Brad Binder has been promised a MotoGP test after winning his first Moto2 race in Sachsenring last year, the South African still awaits his chance on the RC16.
- Honda, Kawasaki and Puccetti have revealed their 2019 machines ahead of the opening test in Phillip Island before the season starts at the end of the week.
- The World Superbike race direction and stewards have been reshuffled ahead of the 2019 season with Tamara Matko appointed FIM WorldSBK Safety Officer and Chairman of race direction, whilst Gerry Bryce has been named as FIM WorldSBK’s permanent Steward.
- Oxford Racing Ducati, Quattro Plant Kawasaki and McAMS Yamaha are the first few teams to uncover their 2019 Bennetts British Superbike machines ahead of their first test in the middle of March.
- Peter Hickman has been named as MCN’s rider of the year after a stunning season on both the tracks and the roads.
With the first dose of 2019 racing coming at the end of this week, make sure you stay up to date with it all on NowMoto!
Featured Image Credit: Crash.net