It’s been yet another busy week in the world of Motorcycling with some big talking points ahead of pre-season tests.
• After undergoing a shoulder operation to fix Marc Marquez’s shoulder injury, the 7x World Champion has been back on a motorcycle, riding an NSR100 to test the strength of his shoulder before flying out to Sepang to continue the development of the 2019 Honda.
• BSB star Bradley Ray got an amazing opportunity to test out a MotoGP machine in Sepang during the 3-day shakedown test. Ray completed 2x 15-minute stints and was ’gobsmacked’ at how the MotoGP bike is. Ray completed his runs on standard Michelin tyres due to a lack of rubber for the official test in a few days time.
• SKY VR46 are looking forward to title fights in both Moto3 and Moto2 with Vietti and Foggia aiming for the Moto3 title and Marini looking for glory with Bulega in the Moto2 class.
• Jorge Lorenzo has dismissed Cal Crutchlow’s comments of the Honda being the hardest and most physically demanding bike to ride after the Spaniards 2-year stint with Ducati.
• Valentino Rossi’s half brother Luca Marini says he would love to join Bagnaia and Morbidelli in MotoGP so he can race against his half Brother, but isn’t prepared to rush into the MotoGP class to make it happen.
• Team Suzuki Ecstar and SKY VR46 are the latest teams to unveil their 2019 machines.
• Marco Melandri says the GRT Yamaha isn’t responding to his style as the Italian tried drastic changes in order to solve his issues at the Portimao test a few weeks ago.
• Dan Linfoot and TAG Yamaha have successfully completed a shakedown test at Jerez. The ex-honda rider says the Yamaha’s responding well and is getting on nicely with the new R1.
To keep up to date with all the latest news make sure you stay up to date with the website.